Luxottica asks our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond appropriately to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement, as set forth more fully below. In Luxottica’s sole discretion, Luxottica may remove content that may be infringing on another person’s intellectual property rights with or without notice to the potential infringer. In accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, Luxottica has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers.
If we remove or disable access in response to a DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice, we will make a good faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected content so that they may make a counter-notification. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
- (i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”;
- (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the full URL of the page(s) on the Service on which the material appears);
- (iv) your full name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
- (vii) your electronic or physical signature.
We will only respond to DMCA Notices received by mail or email at the addresses below:
|Luxottica of America, Inc.
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, Ohio 45040
(Attn: Legal Department/DMCA).
For more information call: [513-765-4321]
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Luxottica may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Luxottica may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting Luxottica’s other rights, Luxottica may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to the Service and any other website owned or operated by Luxottica.