(EFFECTIVE AS February 22, 2022)
(EFFECTIVE AS February 22, 2022)
- LICENSE GRANT The Service and all of its content (“Content”), including all copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights therein (“Intellectual Property”), are owned or controlled by Luxottica, our licensors, and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content and Intellectual Property available via the Service is the property of Luxottica, our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and/or other Intellectual Property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Luxottica owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Service. Luxottica hereby grants to You a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the Services solely for your personal use, which does not include activities related to any commercial, entrepreneurial or professional activity, provided that You comply with the terms and conditions of this TOU. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use the Services in any manner not expressly permitted herein.
- USER REPRESENTATIONS By accessing or using the Services, You represent that You are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. If You are not of such age, please consult with your parent or guardian with respect to this TOU, because persons under such age are authorized to use the Services only if their designated parent or guardian accepts this TOU on their behalf. In addition, You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations governing your use of the Services. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the Services are directed at users in the U.S. only (and ships products to U.S. only).
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS This TOU provides only a limited license to You to access and use the Services. Accordingly, You expressly acknowledge and agree that Luxottica transfers no ownership or Intellectual Property interest or title in and to the Services to You or anyone else. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel," and arrangement of any content contained on or available through the Services, unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by Luxottica. NATIVE, the Native logo(s), and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Native and its products and services are proprietary trademarks of Native Eyewear Inc. and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names, account identifiers, or as search terms, without express written permission is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names or logos mentioned or displayed on or through the Services may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
- CONTENT SUBMITTED BY YOU From time to time We may make available on this Services bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, billboards, forums, news groups, postings sections or similar communication facilities that offer the opportunity to post, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Services. In such instances, We welcome your comments on our Services. However, any notes, messages, billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, or other material which You submit to Luxottica ("User-Generated Content") must not harass, slander, malign, libel, defame, threaten, or otherwise violate any rights of any third-parties and must not include any profanity, obscene, indecent, pornographic, defamatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable material all as determined by us. Furthermore, User-Generated Content must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Upon your submission of any and all User-Generated Content, You grant Luxottica a non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, cost-free, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, copy, sell, re-sell, modify, alter, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, record, post, translate, transmit, broadcast, disclose, distribute, make derivative works of, and otherwise use the User-Generated Content, such that Luxottica shall be and is entitled to use such User-Generated Content for any type of use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, including promotional purposes and advertising, in perpetuity, in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without any compensation to you. You irrevocably waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in connection with the User-Generated Content. You expressly waive any and all rights, grounds and actions concerning the inspection and approval of the finished product that may be produced and used in connection with your User-Generated Content. By submitting any User-Generated Content to us, You represent and warrant that You are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and are the parents or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User-Generated Content you submit, and that as to User-Generated Content you hold all necessary right, title and license to such User-Generated Content and that your submission of such materials to the Services does not and will not violate or infringe the rights of any third-parties or cause any harm to any person, including but not limited to intellectual property or privacy rights.
- NONCONFIDENTIALITY OF CONTENT SUBMITTED BY YOU Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Policies you agree that (a) your User-Generated Content will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by us – regardless of whether you mark them “confidential,” “proprietary,” or the like – and will not be returned, and (b) to the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, Luxottica does not assume any obligation of any kind to you or any third-party with respect to your User-Generated Content. Upon request, you will provide documentation necessary to authenticate rights to such content and verify your compliance with these Terms or any applicable additional terms. You acknowledge that the Internet and mobile communications may be insecure and subject to breaches of security; according, you acknowledge and agree that your User-Generated Content is submitted at your own risk.
- PROCEDURE FOR ALLEGING COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT If you are a copyright owner who would like to send us a notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to identify content or material posted on the Service that is infringing that you would like removed from our Service, or if you are a user whose work has been removed in response to such a notice of infringement and would like to file a DMCA counter-notice, you may submit such notice to us by following the instructions here.
- CREATING AN ACCOUNT You agree not to modify, distribute, disclose or create works wholly or partially based on the Services. You cannot (nor allow third parties to) sub-license, rent, sell, distribute, circulate, provide, transform, de-codify, break down, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, modify or translate the Services, or in any case reproduce, copy, use or provide the Services, or parts of it, in any other manner except for that expressly permitted herein or permitted by mandatory law. You acknowledge and accept that the acquisition of any content or data through use of the Services is solely your responsibility and that You are solely responsible for any damage to the system or loss of data caused by using the service, even indirectly.
- RESTRICTIONS You agree not to modify, distribute, disclose or create works wholly or partially based on the Services. You cannot (nor allow third parties to) sub-license, rent, sell, distribute, circulate, provide, transform, de-codify, break down, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, modify or translate the Services, or in any case reproduce, copy, use or provide the Services, or parts of it, in any other manner except for that expressly permitted herein or permitted by mandatory law. You acknowledge and accept that the acquisition of any content or data through use of the Services is solely your responsibility and that You are solely responsible for any damage to the system or loss of data caused by using the service, even indirectly.
By using this website, you agree to the following statement: “I agree that providing my telephone number and opting in to receive text messages in any submission on Native’s website, I provide my signature consenting to contact from Native at the number I provided regarding products or services via live, automated or prerecorded call, text, or email. I understand that I am not required to enter into this agreement as a condition of purchase. I can revoke this consent by texting STOP to [CODE].
”You may receive texts from Native regarding your account, purchases, or special offers from Native. Message and data rates may apply. Maximum number of messages per month will vary based on the subscription list you have enrolled in. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to [CODE].
You will receive a text confirming that you have been unsubscribed. If you have questions, reply HELP to [CODE] or contact Native at 1-888-776-2848
Native will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any text messages. Delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
Data obtained from you in connection with this text messaging service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information you provide to Native as part of this service. Native may use this information to contact you and provide services you request from Native. Native may also use this information as described in the subscription list you have enrolled in.
Eobtained from you in connection with this text messaging service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information you provide to Native as part of this service. Native may use this information to contact you and provide services you request from Native. Native may also use this information as described in the subscription list you have enrolled in.
By including your email in any submission, you are extending an express invitation to Luxottica of America, Inc. to be contacted. For any service, you represent that all of the information you have provided in your submission is true and complete
Voice recording and monitoring consent
- AVAILABILITY AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE You acknowledge and accept that Luxottica reserves the right, at its own and complete discretion, to temporarily or permanently (i) suspend, terminate, or eliminate the Services, (ii) disable any access to the Services, and/or (iii) restrict, suspend, or terminate your account for any reason.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN OUR WARRANTY POLICY LUXOTTICA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE WEBSITE OR ANY GOODS PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS AND PROVIDES SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. SOME LAWS MAY NOT PERMIT CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LUXOTTICA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR USER-GENERATED-CONTENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF LUXOTTICA FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO LUXOTTICA IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE.
- INDEMNITY As permitted by applicable law, by using this application, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Luxottica and its parent and affiliates, and their directors, employees and agents, against any loss, damage, liability, cost, expense (including legal fees) asserted by any third party and arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Services; (ii) any User-Generated Content; (iii) your breach of any of these TOU; and (iii) your infringement of any third party rights, including without limitation any property, privacy or intellectual property rights. This indemnity shall survive the duration of your use of the Services.
- ENFORCEMENT You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU will cause irreparable injury to Luxottica, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and Luxottica would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that Luxottica shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU.
- TERM AND TERMINATION This TOU will take effect at the time You begin using the Services. This TOU will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with its terms and conditions. Termination will be effective without notice. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing all use of the Services. Sections 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and this sentence of this Section 16, will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
- WAIVER & SEVERABILITY Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent or other default or failure of performance. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law or court order including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
- FORUM SELECTION, JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW This agreement and all rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue in the State of New York within New York County.
- DISPUTE TERMS
- a. Class Action Waiver. As permitted by applicable law, both you and Luxottica waive the right to bring any Dispute as a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any Dispute brought by anyone else. Notwithstanding any provision in the prevailing AAA Arbitration Rules to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, consolidated, representative, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the Disputes of different persons into one proceeding. Notwithstanding the arbitration provision set forth above, if the provision regarding waiver of class, collective, representative, and private attorney general claims of this section is found to be void or otherwise unenforceable, any such class, collective, representative, or private attorney general claims must be heard and determined through an appropriate court proceeding, and not in arbitration.
- b. Jury Waiver. AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH, TOUCHING UPON OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE BREACH THEREOF AND/OR THE SCOPE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- c. Small Claims Matters. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claims of general dispute (excluding disputes where intellectual property rights are concerned) in small claims court, subject to Section 19(a) above.
- d. The provisions of this Section 19 shall supersede any inconsistent provisions of any prior agreement between the parties. This section 19 shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the service or these terms.
- INDEPENDENT PARTY You are an independent party. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between You and Luxottica as a result of this TOU or your utilization of the Services.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT This TOU, the Additional Policies and any other agreement or terms or conditions for services, information, or licenses available through the Services represent the entire agreement between You and Luxottica with respect to use of the Services, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between You and Luxottica with respect to the Services.
- NO ASSIGNMENTS You may not assign or transfer any rights under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Luxottica
- UPDATES TO TERMS It is your responsibility to review the posted Terms and any applicable Additional Policies each time you use the Service (at least prior to each transaction or submission). EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF NEW TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE SERVICE (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE NEW TERMS FOR YOUR NEW USE AND TRANSACTIONS. Any new Terms or Additional Policies will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. In the event any notice to you of new, revised, or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You can reject any new, revised or additional terms by discontinuing use of the Service.
- HEADINGS Headings are for convenience only.
- CALIFORNIA NOTICES:
- b. California Consumer Rights and Notices. Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who have posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by contacting us at the email or address provided here, that they personally posted such content or information and detailing where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished the post and archived copies of it may be stored by search engines and others that we do not control.
- c. In accordance with California Business and Professions Code Section 17538 et al., Luxottica return and refund policy is available here, the legal name under which Luxottica conducts business is Luxottica of America Inc., and Luxottica’s business address is 4000 Luxottica Place, Mason, Ohio 45040 Phone: 513-765-4321. Within five (5) days of Luxottica’s receipt of your request, California residents may receive verification of this information by email by contacting us at link.
- d. Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California, 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Hearing-impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
- e. Please find the California supply chain notice at: http://www.luxottica.com/en/social-impact-responsible-management-supply-chain.